The enrolment of a child at school is arguably one of the most significant decisions a parents makes for their child. To support parents in this process, at Richmond West Primary School we welcome enrolment enquires at any time.
The Principal and staff are available to discuss enrolment issues and to offer support to parents as they consider their options. We strongly recommend that parents visit a number of schools to ensure that the school environment is one that suits the child’s specific needs. School visits should be made during school hours as parents will quickly get the ‘feel’ of a school and this, together with other information, will guide the enrolment decision.
Our bilingual programs are in high demand and we require time to ensure that staffing is appropriate for the following year’s needs. Consequently, we expect enrolments to be confirmed by August at the latest. Enrolment requests for the bilingual programs beyond grade Prep require an assessment of the child’s language skills in either Chinese or Vietnamese as it is difficult for a child to commence learning a bilingual program in later years. Again, any enquiries can be made at the school.
The school offers an extensive orientation program for prep students and details are contained in the relevant section of this website. Enrolment forms are also able to be downloaded from the site or may be collected from the general office. Parents requiring assistance to complete the form can seek help from the school.
What do you need to do?
To ensure that your child is enrolled at Richmond West Primary School you need to:
- Contact the school to arrange a tour and inform the school if your child is seeking a place in either of our bilingual programs.
- Bring along your child’s Original Birth Certificate or Passport etc, which will be checked and returned to you. A photocopy of the Birth Certificate or Passport will be retained by the school.
- Supply the completed School Entry Immunisation Certificate which is sent to you from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (Phone: 1800 653 809) by the start of school year. A photocopy of the School Entry Immunisation Certificate will be retained by the school.
- Complete the prescribed Student Enrolment Form which is available on this website or from the school. Please complete all sections of the form.
The information you will need to complete the Enrolment Application Form is:
- mother and father’s work information – occupation, name of company, address and telephone number
- two emergency contact people other than parents, family doctors information, Medicare number
- medical details about your child, any medical reports
To be sure that your child is eligible for school, the regulation states the child must turn 5 on or before 30th April. (Any concerns in relation to this regulation must be raised with the Department of Education and Training.)
Feel free to contact the school on 9429 2950.